Rat Race: I Refuse!


Whenever I come across someone who is driven, who resents the typical 9-5 job, or who is struggling financially.  I refer them to this guy: Robert Kiyosaki.  Arguably the "Great Bambino" of investing and finance.

A few years ago, I ran out of money.  I ran out of energy as well.  I ran out of will power.  Trying to keep up with school and pay bills was getting arduous.  So arduous I made a rough decision to put school on hold.  But I am glad I did.  Found myself in the library where I spent most of my time.  I not only wanted but NEEDED to learn  more about finances, so I found myself in that book section.  Had a few books in my hand ready to go.  Graced down the isle to look at more.  There he was!  Robert Kiyosaki: Rich Dad Poor Dad. This book changed my life!.  This book sparked the "go getter" in Jo Jo!

He is a investor, teacher, writer, and motivational speaker who travels across the country teaching financial literacy (in which they do not teach you in school).  He also teaches to use your gifts and talents the best way you can to create means for yourself.  Some may remember him on Oprah (Oprah frequently quotes him by the way).  Watch the episode here

His website is a remarkable place to learn.  I even downloaded an excel template to keep track of my cash flow.  He also offers seminars, some that are also FREE.  Click here for his website.  There is also has a game called Cashflow that I play from time to time to practice real estate investing.

Rich Dad Poor Dad is not the only book he has. Here is a list of books I recommend picking up as well:

Rich Dad Poor Dad
Rich Dad's Cashflow Quadrant
If You Want to Be Rich & Happy Don't Go to School (just read it)
Rich Dad's Increase Your Financial IQ: Get Smarter with Your Money

Some you an find in the library, or on Amazon.  Anyone can be financially stable and happy if they learn how to manage their money.  I hope you find inspiration from Mr. Kiyosaki as I have.

~Jo Jo

No comments

(Post comment here)

Powered by Blogger.