Truth About Facebook




Recently I've recognized how much time I was spending on Facebook.  One day I had a moment. I woke up, reached to my phone, and went straight to Facebook.  How did I become so intrigued by everyone else lives?  The day went on, and I realized how much I was on Facebook.  Lunch break, bored at work, sometimes during traffic stops, and before bed.  It was quite excessive.

Although some will not admit, you feel some kind of celebrity or ego boost when people like your photo or post.  Some get more attention on Facebook than they do in the real world.  You can sound different than you are.  Cooler.  Funnier.  For some, it is pure nosiness.

Let's see if they got back together.  Let's see how she doing with her business.  (Pause).

Then there's those combative zealots and bigots who love getting attention from their controversial posts.  And can't forget the selfie game, sorry "celfie".


I look cute today, let me show Facebook so I can get more attention.  (Like Like Like Like).  Now I feel cool.  Now I feel more confident today.  (That was the sub-conscious speaking FYI).


My point is, because of some kind of ATTENTION you get on Facebook, you can somewhat become addicted.  Just think about it...

Some won't admit it because they like it too much.  Like the movie Concussion.  I found so many excuses to stay on Facebook: for my business, to inspire people, to stay in touch with family etc.  Then I would find myself on Facebook going from one post to the the next, one page to the next.  I thought, for what?  After realizing my habits, it took me a few more days to finally give it up.

Then one day I said, I'm over it.  I'm over my time being wasted, I'm over people fabricating their lives, I'm over seeing my ex's, I'm over the NARCISSIST that Facebook makes us out to be.  Look at me, look what I can do!  Yes Stuart.  That how I began to view Facebook.  Stuart.



So I deleted my Facebook personal profile.  Yes, I could've just logged out.  I did, but it didn't stop me from logging back in during the day.  Since then, it's like I'm back to me again.  I've come up with so many ideas to better my future (you'll see).  Revamped my business documents, and revamped my blog.  I am writing more (can't you tell)?  Meditating more.  Reading more.  Overall, I am more focused.  Is it going to be permanent?  I don't know.

Yes, Facebook has it's benefits.  In fact I still kept my blog and business page in which I login to share posts and pictures, without being in the community of people.  It comes to a point where you find yourself ALWAYS on Facebook, you needs to re-evaluate your LIFE.

IF YOU CAN RELATE IN ANY WAY TO THIS POST, I CHALLENGE YOU TO DEACTIVATE FACEBOOK FOR ONE WEEK.  WHEN YOU GET THE URGE TO GO ON FACEBOOK, DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE.

~Jo Jo
Powered by Blogger.