"InCharge" Your Credit Card Debt To Travel the World


Credit card debt sucks.  It is the best way to get in THE worst financial situation if you do not know how to use them responsibly.  Back in my early 20's I was young, dumb, with really good credit.  It finally caught up to me and I gained a ton of credit card debt.  I fell behind in payments, a few accounts went into collections, and my credit score plummeted.  I couldn't travel anywhere.

Now my finances are back on track, and I'm able to finally travel the world!  One of the companies who contributed to my turnaround was InCharge Debt Solutions.


InCharge Debt Solutions is a nonprofit debt relief organization based out of Orlando, FL.  They negotiate the interest and payment with credit card companines, then combine payments into one easy lump some.

I remember seeing an InCharge commercial and called them right away.  They explained how the program worked and was very intrigued.  So I signed up.  But I ended up cancelling because I didn't agree with their fees.  At some point after shopping around, I figured InCharge was the best solution.  So I called them up again and negotiated a smaller fee (since it is a nonprofit organization and all), and they did.   It was nice to get notifications when a credit line was finally paid off!

So why did I choose InCharge over other debt consolidation companies?

1.  Fee (obviously).  As I mentioned before in my previous article How I Got Out of $18,000 Worth of Debt by Age 30, you can negotiate just about anything!  Right now their website shows "an average set-up fee of $40, and an average $25 monthly fee, not to exceed $75 and $55".  It says average for a reason.  Negotiate!

2.  Flexibility.  There were a couple of months I had an issue with a payment coming up.  So they adjusted my payment schedule making it easier to pay off my credit cards.

3.  Simplicity.  They did all the negotiating with creditors, and I just made the payments.  They also have on online client portal to view your progress and to make changes to your payment methods and creditors.  They now have an app for Android and iPhone users.

4. Counseling.  This course was extremely helpful.  Before then, I never calculated my expenses versus income.  The counselling course alone helped me make big adjustments to my spending habits.  Also, there were no additional sign up fees.

Please note: Not all credit card compaines participate with debt consolidation companies.  There was one that flat out said NO.  Also, they cannot negotiate with accounts that are in collections and written off.  Visit How I Got Out of $18,000 Worth of Debt by Age 30 for more information how I was able to negotiate with collections companies.

So if you were like me, drowning in debt, go ahead and give them a try.  They have since added more helpful tools to their website such as budgeting tips, credit score education, and bankruptcy information.  Give them a try!

~Jo Jo

No comments

(Post comment here)

Powered by Blogger.